Wednesday 7 May 2014

Welcome

Hello and Welcome to Plants Grown for you right here in Liverpool.

I grow the plants you love and you can buy them at your local schools or direct from me.

Plants 4 U is my signature label

Andrea is my name, some people know where I live, and see the Garden in all its beauty when they walk passed. Its my Mums Garden, we look after it together.

What started Plants 4 U.

I love plants, I love sharing my skills and knowledge with other people, my Mum is an asset and a walking dictionary of plant knowledge. Her love of gardening literally grew on me!

I never liked messing around with the plants, grubs and worms and ugly pests deterred me but after working Mums allotments I found that both enjoyed growing and creating and discovered that  plants grow on me!

The great thing about Plants 4 U is we grow them, You plant them.

Most of them are perennials, that means they come up year after year, what some gardeners call Perennial Weeds because we have so many of them, they become a nuisance. So we weed them out and sadly many people just throw them away.

We don't want to do that, we  want to give them to you,  at a fraction of the cost.
You pay for our time, compost and pots, you practically get the plant free, what a bargain.

By taking token payments we can buy more compost, more pots and make more plants, instead of throwing them away.

On the next few pages you will see our selection of plants, some were on sale at the school.

Where to buy good plants at reasonable prices.

The Fruit and Vegetable Sellers in Huyton, Prescot and Belle Vale sells many annuals for a great price, and they are always great produce.

An Annual only flowers that year, although you can collect your seeds and see what grows next year.


Beware of Supermarkets and Large Stores  selling pretty plants, we have always been disappointed and because of poor watering systems, the plants almost always die.

Having said that good reasonable price Supermarkets such as Aldi and Lidil sell great plants, great prices and we have never had a problem with any of their produce. 

The Pound Shops are great for picking up bargains, but remember if you paid a pound for something it might not survive. Having said that I have always been happy with one pound bargains from the Pound Shops. Although one rose tree was hanging on by a hair root, holding my breath on its survival.


Garden Centres.
Thoroughly recommend the local Whittakers for great bargains, great meals and great prices on plants. They care about their plants and they are always good value. I have had many bargains, successes and help from Whittakers. 


Garden Knowledge.

The web and You Tube will provide you with plenty of tips from experts, and non professional experts on Gardening and what works for one might not work for the other, its trial and error.

Gardeners World.
Some presenters are better than others at teaching us about how to care for gardens, plants, and each presenter has their own pet subject.

Alice gives excellent advice and is a good teacher.
Toby another good teacher and excellent advice.
Monty Donn, is too fast on some things but expert on other things.
Just because an expert says thats how it is, does not mean thats how it is for you or for myself.

One mans weed is another mans treasure.
My Mother is always saying "get rid of this or that" or do I want this or that. Thats a weed get rid of it. We have many a "battle" about what we both like.
I love Hydrangea, Mum tolerates my love of these "messy mop heads".
Mum loves Dahlia, I am growing to love them but I still detest earwigs and they love dahlia.
I love Grasses and my Mother has grown accustomed to them, I think she is now converted to grass and grows them herself. 

Whos garden is it any way.
Its my Mothers garden, compromise with your loved ones, and your children so everyone can enjoy the garden, and remember who owns it. 

Happy Gardening.

Encourage, birds and have a small water bowl for them to bathe and drink 
from. 
Discourage pigeons, wood pigeons and doves, or they will decimate your food supply that you love out for Blackbirds and sparrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment